Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Excuses, excuses...

So here are some photos from the past few weeks, and I promise there are more to come :)

And here's the 24 week pregnant belly photo we've been waiting for. Impressive. I know. 6 months! (And behind me, there's sneak peak at our bedroom walls... Painted and stenciled by the lady herself :) )
Family photo of (left to right) Joshua, Hannah, Eamon, Michael, me, and Mandy. Oscar is camera shy as usual :) This is on a little hike we took up near Mt. Evans.
Ashlee and I walking along Sylvan Lake.
Joshua and I above Mt. Holy Cross Wilderness.

Here's my excuse: we bought a house, I work at least 60 hours a week, and I'm six months pregnant. All of these things should explain why I have been absolutely abysmal at updating this blog. As you can see, I just now managed to post something that I wrote four weeks ago, the night we moved into our new house. Since that time, I've been unable to coordinate my power cord, my computer, internet, and the word document all in the same place. But today, I got my sh** together :)

Since the day we moved in, this place has been a whirl-wind of activity. I'll describe all of this in a little more detail later, but basically, Joshua knocked down two walls, installed french doors, redid the plumbing in the kitchen sink, moved electrical outlets, ripped up carpet and pergo, installed new cabinets and a dishwasher, and corralled the generosity of a few strangers and friends to bang out a new wood floor.

In the mean time, I strapped on a darth-vader-esque mask and painted like a madwoman. Kitchen, closet, bathrooms, living room, dining room, hall, and bedroom are all painted. As are the cabinets - thanks to the generous gifts of time and energy from the Pietaris and Peters.

Dad, Mandy, Hannah, and Eamon came for the long weekend over Thanksgiving, and for the day of the feast, we prepared a large deep-fried turkey (for the non-vegetarians) and gave thanks. More to come on that great day, too.

Anyway, I was convinced most of the time that we would never pull off everything that we intended to do, and yet, it all happened. Somehow. Since Thanksgiving, we've slowed down the pace a little, but I still managed to churn out a mad amount of curtains, pillows, and furniture dressings. We bought a new four-post bed, and also installed some shelves in the kitchen. It's coming together, but no brand-new photos for you until the New Year, when we get our new bedroom carpet and a fabulous counter top :)

1 comment:

  1. I like the photographs. And, I like the shorter posting:) Sometimes, with the longer postings, I feel like I am reading a post-modern novel and the chronology is left to me (and I am not so good at that):)

    Love you - can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete