Monday, March 26, 2012

Before and After

Here's a shot with all the crap that was inside the craft closet before I got started.
Our bookshelf disaster.
Side-board sans skirt, plus crap underneath.
Empty craft closet.
Linen closet disaster. Even though our house is usually clean, this place always made me feel like there was a boogy man in the hallway.
Hallway linen closet - no longer a disaster. Joshua had left a nalgene with one of his nasty shakes in there for so long that it literally exploded all over the back. I made Joshua scrub out the mold before I set to work :)
I love this room. Green curtains, finished side-board (painted pink in NOLA, then blue at Osceola, and now white). Dining room table with sweet table cloth and runner. Covered the chairs in fun orange and striped fabric. Light fixture from Habitat for Humanity Restore.
Obviously, still a work in progress, but a lot less cluttered :)

2 comments:

  1. No moldy shakes either! That's a plus:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That chandelier is really a very nice touch. The thing that I envy (sitting, as I am, in my north-facing living room) is how light and airy your living room, dining room, and porch are. That can make a smaller space seem huge, and on the cool or cold days, the sunlight makes it cozy.

    ReplyDelete