Saturday, July 24, 2010

Photos from Ireland and Spain

Gettin' our groove on in Alicante.

Ashlee, Joshua, and me on top of Mulhacen.

Ashlee and I eating the biggest tomato ever on top of Mulhacen.

The Alhambra.

Ashlee and me celebrating. Spain won!

Ashlee's photo of Ellie in Casa Al-Andaluz.

Joshua and Ellie in the Jewish Quarter.

La Mezquita.

View of the Old Roman Bridge from Torre Calahorra in Cordoba. (Ashlee's got mad photo-taking skills!)

Ashlee's photo of me running up the boardwalk on our run over Glendalogh.

Gettin' drunk off wine in Glendalogh.

Joshua and me standing on a bridge. Day 2 of the Wicklow Way.

Joshua and me walking down the Wicklow Way.

Joshua and me at a pub in Enniskerry.

Day 1 of the Wicklow Way.

Joshua and me at Gravity Bar in the Guinness Brewery. Dublin behind us.

Dublin street art.

Joshua and Ashlee trying to figure out where we are in Dublin.

3 comments:

  1. Dearest Ellie
    What a bumper crop from the carpetbagger! I enjoyed reading your posts so much. Your descriptions of Land's End brought back many many memories. I hitchhiked in that part of the country while still in high school and the rain followed by the absolute glory of sunshine is back in my mind, clear as day. I remember the hills and the youth hostels always up at the top of a hill and well away from the main drag.
    As a life-long insomniac I can relate to your mid-night agonies with the champion snorer. I have been there many times and truly feel your pain.
    Finally, your envelopes--marital bliss, etc.--made me laugh out loud, more than once! You go girl. I love you both very very much.
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashlee, if you are reading this, please call or email us: supper, while not as tasty as anything in Spain, is on us. I want to hear all of the stuff that wasn't fit for a posting. I want to see the photographs. I want to counsel you that you really didn't need to vomit to be a good traveler, that Joshua and Ellie embrace the extremes, and that includes treating one's stomach as if it were a chemistry lab. Please call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your posts made me smile and weep (just a little) and laugh and remember. What a great gift these writings are. Keep sending and they will be received with love.

    ReplyDelete