Monday, April 25, 2011

Bedroom

'Before' photos of our bedroom. This one looks into the hallway to the other bedroom and bathroom, as well as the dining room and front living room.




The duvet cover was a gift from mom :) We painted the walls 'Banana Split' yellow, paint we had left-over from the farm. The mini-curtain is yellow polka-dots, and the oval flower prints on either side of the window are thrift-store finds.


The door to my closet (which is organized with bins, shelves, and hanging shelves to maximize every square inch of space :) ). Our wedding-collage-window, a vintage hat, and a shadow box where I've stored bits and pieces from our wedding day.


Using the peony stencil that I purchased from esty.com, I stenciled white peonies on one wall. It was far easier than the walls I did at the farm, because I used only one color (and there is only one wall, as opposed to four :)). Vintage jewelry boxes, and my chain with hanging scarves.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely stenciling:)

    I apologize for not contacting you over the holidays. As I saw later, you were ill, so it wouldn't have worked out anyways. But my excuse for absenteeism is legit; I crashed my car in Woodbury (after driving all the way from Maine) and was subsequently without a vehicle while in Minnesota. Ruh roh.

    At any rate, I love you stylish decorativeness! [if that is a word, and I'm pretty sure it's not.] Decorative stylishness! [there we go.]

    ReplyDelete