Monday, April 25, 2011

Kitchen

'Before' photos of our kitchen.




View of kitchen from hallway that feeds into our dining room. Window pane collage on the right, a salvaged piece of vintage metal cabinetry from Joshua's grandparents. We painted the walls with an orange paint we found in Eric and Sujatha's basement :)


I decorated the upper cabinets with maps and decorative blue paper. On the counter is my first (failed) attempt at home-made granola. Unfortunately, I let it cook about 10 minutes too long :(


My lovely Finland poster in its repurposed window frame :) Shelves with tins I've collected over the years from thrift stores.



A view into our mudroom (which is a highly functional but ugly place, and therefore, you shall see no further photos. Above, Joshua's tour-de-force: we replaced the ugly flourescent light fixture with a cloth-wire, vintage find from the Habitat for Humanity Restore. When Joshua called his dad for advice on how to install, Tim said, "and if you make a mistake, don't worry. It won't kill you; it will just hurt like hell."

I am happy to report that Joshua is neither dead nor hurt :)

No comments:

Post a Comment