Sunday, June 19, 2011

Scissor Happy

Joshua, Stacy, Kyle and I went to the Denver Roller Dolls Roller Derby today. We had a bunch of fun, and we even thought up a couple of would-be Roller Derby names for Stacy and me: Exstaci and Mrs. Derty. Anyway, I've been looking forward to going to the Derby for a while now, and I took the chance to dress up, and Joshua snapped the photo of me in my duds (above). The necklace is from Dharamsala, and the silk shift is one of my precious finds from Kathmandu.
Tonight, I finished my dress for Eamon's Bar Mitzvah. Among the accomplishments: pin-tucks, darts, zipper, stand up collar, interfacing, facing, and sleeves. All went according to plan except for the sleeves. Trixie little f****ers. One is slightly longer than the other.
Here's a view from the front.
Me: scissor happy; DIY proud.
Another gamine scissor shot :) Joshua says, "you look like a 50s housewife!" I say, "mission accomplished. Do you mind picking up your socks and doing the dishes, sweetie?"

3 comments:

  1. January Jones . . . bah! You look stunning. It's a lovely dress, my dear.

    Roller Derby - who knew?

    Much, much love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't relate to the roller derby, although those ladies are amazingly tough. But I did recently attend a MONSTER JAM!, which I thought was quite epic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monster Jam?! I want to see those boys get their derby on :)

    ReplyDelete