Thursday, June 30, 2011

Tangerine Tank

I confess that this has become a bit of an addiction. Yes. I spent four hours sewing today. Yes. I spent six hours sewing yesterday. Yes. I'm strongly considering beginning my next pattern tonight. Above you see the back of a tank top I made using the vintage McCall's Pattern no. 6749. I chose view B, and although the mannequin madame looks very sleek in the illustration, the finished product is a bit shapeless. This could have a little something to do with the fact that I have a size 14 pattern, and I tried to make it smaller... Say, a vintage size 8 (which, after three successive projects - the first at a size 12 which was massive, the second at a size 10 which was also quite loose, and now, a heavily docotored size 14 which fits a little bit like a paper sack - I have ascertained to be my correct size. This is nothing if not trial and error.).

A bit baggish, but I love the color! It's tangerine! Also, the slippery fabric was a bit trixie... The center seam in the back is slightly puckered.

3 comments:

  1. AArgh! Just lost a 3-screen comment on your blog. Why me, I ask myself? Will write again when calmer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! I love the color, too. Have a great 4th!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely tangerine color. Another success in the sewing realm - it's good that you have decoded your magical sewing size!

    That fabric does look difficult, but you're quickly working towards mastery. Now you just have to work on getting the hairstyle of View D, combined with the expression of View E. And you'll be aces.

    ReplyDelete